Looking after your home
For as long as you live in your home you are responsible for keeping it clean and the interior in good decorative condition.
- Look after the kitchen and bathroom fittings and replace items such as toilet seats if necessary.
- Ensure fixtures and fittings like doors and windows are used properly and aren’t damaged.
- Tell us when we need to repair anything that’s our responsibility and let us in to do the work. Details of which repairs are our responsibility and which are yours can be found on the Repairs page.
- Let us in every year to carry out the annual landlord’s gas safety check and any other inspections of your home we need to make to keep you, your family and your neighbours safe.
- Get our permission for any improvements or adaptations to your home and agree to any conditions we set. This includes installing hard wood or laminate flooring, putting up sheds, garages or hard-standing areas such as patios or decking.
- Keep the external areas of your home tidy, disposing of any rubbish properly and keeping your garden and any trees and hedges in good shape.
- Park vehicles considerately and don't use the front garden as a parking space without first getting permission to install a cross-over from the local authority.
Read full details of our Home Standard.