Our vision is to be the leading community provider of affordable homes in Kent.
We will help to create in Kent a prosperous, strong and sustainable society; a place of opportunity for all; where people can plan for their futures.
Established in 1989, we were one of the first large scale voluntary transfers of local authority housing. We were the first ‘excellent’ housing association in the country and the first gold standard Investor in People in Kent. We have an enviable reputation for helping people and communities flourish.
We believe that a good home is a foundation for getting on in life; our core purpose is to help the many people for whom a good home (to rent or buy) is too expensive, and to nurture their communities.
In our communities, we respond to what’s needed, not just what we currently do. We provide great places to live and space for people to grow.
Read in this section about how we are governed and our exciting plans for the future.
West Kent is a member of Placeshapers - an alliance of nearly 100 housing associations. Described by Inside Housing as ‘one of the most high profile lobbying bodies in the sector’, our homes create communities, our services strengthen communities and our home building creates communities of the future. For more information visit the Placeshapers website.
It's Your Call
It’s Your Call is our customer strategy, which aims to deliver a ‘right person; right answer; first time’ service where the customer is central to the organisation and the service is tailored to the individual.
We're committed to:
- delivering good, reliable customer service that gives customers confidence in us as a leading UK housing association.
- ensuring our services are owned and shaped by our customers.
- providing different ways to use services, including self-service options, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- getting it ‘right first time’ to reduce avoidable repeat calls.
- remaining true to our core purpose and values, which are: delivering on our promises, compassion, honesty, integrity, self-awareness, learning, flexibility and working hard and having fun.