Adding your partner to your tenancy
If you want someone else to become a tenant with you (a joint tenant) you need to complete the form below. If you need help filling in this form or need the form in a different language or format please contact us on 01732 749400.
You should take some independent advice before you make fill in this form. You can contact Citizens Advice on 01732 865131, or 01732 454443 or 01322 664949. You can contact Shelter on 0808 800 4444.
If you just need to add a new occupant to your tenancy please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The person you wish to add to your tenancy must provide some information as part of this application to prove they have the right to be housed by West Kent Housing Association
- They must have lived in the home for at least one year
- We will not house people who own property or who have income/savings above the limits that we set
- We will not allow anyone who already has a tenancy with us to be given another tenancy
- We do not give permission for any other family members to become joint tenants (e.g. son, daughter). Only partners of the main tenant.
West Kent has an exclusion policy and will not let someone become a joint tenant if, for example, they owe us money, were evicted before, or caused anti-social behaviour. For further details please ask for a copy of our housing exclusion leaflet.
If you are unsure whether you are excluded you should contact your tenancy services officer.