Responsible pet ownership
In most cases you can keep a pet, but you must ask us for permission first by completing a Pet Application form. The tenancy services team will contact you within five days of receiving your form. If permission for a pet is given, but you have not told us all the details of your new pet in your application, you'll need to complete a New Pet Details form before you bring your pet home. The number of pets you can keep depends on the size and type of your home. A separate application mus be completed for each pet. Different rules apply to our Kent Extra Care homes.
Being a responsible pet owner means:
- looking after your pet's health
- making sure your pet is micro-chipped and neutered- breeding is not allowed in West Kent homes
- making sure your pet has enough exercise and entertainment
- cleaning up after your pet at home and outside
- making sure your pet is not causing a nuisance to neighbours
Our Pets Policy helps us deal with pet nuisance, cruelty or neglect effectively.
For more information from recognised animal welfare organisations visit the following websites