Welcome to West Kent
You can find all the information you'll need to manage your tenancy on this website. This section will get you started with the bits you need to know as you move into your new home, but do browse the other sections when you can.
First things first
Once you've settled into your new home there are a few urgent tasks you should tackle first.
- Register for My West Kent so you can view your rent account and manage some aspects of your tenancy online, including booking certain repairs
- Set up your utility suppliers to arrange for water, gas and electricity in your home
- Tell your local authority Council Tax team that you’ve moved in
- Arrange contents insurance - we insure the building itself but you are responsible for arranging cover for damage to your possessions and decorations caused by fire, flood, storm, or other accident
- Give a trusted family member or friend a spare key.
When you move in we will have already sent your details to 'Help the Move' who will register your energy supply with SSE, your water suppliers and council tax. You can switch energy provider at any time, but if you don't, after six weeks SSE will offer you their best fixed term tariff. You can find advice on switching from Citizens Advice website or on 0345 040506. (If we have been unable to transfer the energy supply to SSE you can find out who your supplier is from the Gas Supplier Helpline - 0870 6081524, or Electricity Supplier enquiry line - 0845 6015467.)
The following pages and documents will help you manage your tenancy and your relationship with West Kent.
Asbestos - important information if you've been told your home contains any asbestos.
Neighbourhood News - sign up to receive our tenants enewsletter.
Abacus furniture project - for good quality furniture and household items at low prices.
Leaflet rack - Useful documents about our policies and procedures.
We hope you will be very happy in your West Kent home.