We are committed to the delivery of excellent services. Where we fail to meet this level of service we are committed to putting things right. Occasionally this will involve the payment of compensation. Certain conditions would have to be met before compensation could be paid, but examples of when this might happen include:
- Not turning up for an appointment we made with you.
- Failing to carry out repairs to your home within our target response times.
- Improvements you have made to your home.
- Loss of amenities such as heating or hot water.
- Loss of use of a room in your home.
- Damage to your property caused by us or a contractor working for us.
It’s very important you make your claim for compensation quickly. You should claim no later than three months after the damage or loss.
How can I claim compensation?
Please complete the compensation form below as fully as possible. Give as much information as you can, including any evidence such as photographs of damage. If you need any advice or help completing the form please speak to us.
We'll acknowledge your claim within two working days and assess it within ten working days. We may contact you to arrange a visit to inspect any damage or pass your claim to West Kent's insurers, who may ask you for more information.
- If we agree to pay your claim, we’ll send you a cheque and a letter explaining what the compensation covers. If you have rent arrears on a West Kent account we may use your compensation to clear them. You can discuss this with the person dealing with your claim.
- If we don’t agree to pay your claim you can appeal our decision through the complaints procedure. A member of staff will be able to help you.
- Relevant dates.
- Names of any members of staff you have dealt with.
- Details of damage or loss including financial loss.
- Evidence e.g. photos of damage, receipts of expenditure.
We monitor claims for compensation so we can learn from the mistakes we make and improve the service we offer to our customers.