What could you live without?
West Kent will not normally replace your possessions if you have a fire, flood or other disaster at home.
Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that your personal possessions could be broken, damaged or stolen.
When you move into your home, you should think about protecting your personal possessions and home contents. These include your furniture, carpets, curtains, clothes, bedding, and electrical items. And don’t forget your jewellery, pictures and ornaments.
There are lots of home contents insurance providers out there - shop around to make sure you get the best deal for everything in your home you need to cover - this includes anything you are responsible for, such as broken windows.
My Home Contents Insurance
We've teamed up with Thistle Tenant Risks to offer home contents insurance to our residents.
All tenants and leaseholders are eligible to apply for the My Home Contents Insurance Scheme, which can cover your home contents and belongings against, fire, theft, water damage and flood.
Reasons to choose My Home
- You can apply in a way that suits you; either over the telephone or complete an application form
- It covers loss or damage to food in a fridge/freezer (excludes damage caused if the electricity supplier deliberately cuts of the supply to your home)
- It covers theft, water damage, fire and many more household risks
- It covers tenants improvements (up to £2000 or 20% of the sum insured whichever is the greater)
- It covers theft or attempted theft of contents in sheds, outbuildings and garages (up to £3,000)
- It covers damage to external glazing - for which you are responsible
- It covers replacement and installation of locks for outside doors or windows and alarms, if keys are lost or stolen
- You don’t need to have special door or window locks (just a lockable front door)
- Up to 35% of the contents sum insured for damage to your landlord’s fixtures and fittings which you are legally liable for as a tenant (excludes loss or damage whilst your home is unoccupied)
- Flexible regular Pay-As-You-Go payment options (fortnightly and monthly premiums include a transaction charge.)
Who is this policy for?
Thistle Tenant Risks Contents Insurance has been designed to meet the demands and needs of social housing residents looking to purchase home contents insurance and Thistle have approached a single insurer Ageas Insurance Limited. The cover is subject to the terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions contained in the policy wording, which you should read carefully. The premiums and payment methods available are shown on the Rate card. Fortnightly and monthly premiums include a transaction change.
If you are unsure whether this insurance policy is right for you please contact Thistle Tenant Risks who will be happy to help with your queries.
How do I get further information?
If you’d like to apply for home contents insurance, you can do so by completing the application pack or by calling Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7288.
Alternatively, visit https://www.thistlemyhome.co.uk/ for more information. Prior to completing the application form, please review the Thistle Insurance Services Terms of Business Agreement and Insurance Product Information Pack
These documents give you important information on your rights and how we deal with you and your insurance and key information regarding the insurance cover. Please note that all Tenant Risks business is arranged on a non-advised basis. This means that you will be provided with the key information to be able to make an informed decision on which cover is appropriate for your needs.
What to do if you have a complaint
It is always the intention to give you the best possible service but if you do have any questions or concerns about this insurance or the handling of a claim You should follow the procedure.
A copy of Thistle Insurance Services complaint’s procedure is available on request. For additional information, view Thistle's complaints page www.thistlemyhome.co.uk/Make-a-Complaint
The National Housing Federation working in partnership with Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.
For further information or to apply for cover, complete the application pack or read the additional information at the bottom of this page.
You can also call My Home on 0345 450 7288, email firstname.lastname@example.org or request a call back.
The National Housing Federation is an Appointed Representative of Thistle Insurance Services Ltd. Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419. Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington’s Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW. Thistle Insurance Services Ltd is part of the PIB Group.