Parents looking for free activities to keep the kids entertained over the summer holidays can find lots of fun on their doorstep. West Kent’s Youth Services team will be attending Free Family Fun Days over the Sevenoaks district this summer. The events are organised and run by Sevenoaks District Council, with help from Imago and Town and Parish Councils.
The team will be offering free glitter faces for all young people ages 3 and over, giant games such as Jenga and Connect Four, as well as a basketball net to show for young people to show off their skills. All activities and games are free and there is no need to pre book.
There will be a chance to consult with the team about any future events they have planned, or share your ideas about what you would like to see in your local area for young people.
There will also be free-to-enter competitions with a chance to win some amazing prizes, and be part of an awards ceremony later in the year.
Roxanne Frost, Lead Youth Worker says: “It is a great opportunity to be working with Imago and Sevenoaks District Council to make a really great day for families and give young people something free and fun to do over the summer”.
The first event will be held in Swanley Park on Monday 30 July. All events are between 10am and 2pm unless stated otherwise. Other dates and locations include:
- 31 July- Dunton Green Recreation Ground
- 1 August- land at rear of Four Elms Primary School
- 2 August- Seal Recreation Ground
- 3 August, 2pm to 5pm- The Green, Leigh
- 6 August- Knockholt Recreation Ground
- 7 August- The Minnis, New Ash Green
- 8 August- Otford Recreation Ground
- 9 August- Hextable Gardens
- 10 August, 2pm to 5pm- Chiddingstone Sports Field
- 13 August- King George’s Playing Field, Westerham
- 14 August- Woodland Avenue Recreation Ground, Hartley
- 15 August, 2pm to 5pm- Greatness Recreation Ground
- 16 August, 10:30am to 1:30pm- Halstead Recreation Ground
- 17 August, 10:30am to 1:30pm- Chipstead Recreation Ground
- 20 August- Anthony Roper Primary School, Eynsford
- 21 August- Shoreham Recreation Ground
- 22 August- Hever Village Hall
- 23 August- Crockenhill Cricket Meadow
- 24 August, 2pm to 5pm – The Green, Penshurst
Refreshments will be available to purchase at some of the events, but you are welcome to bring a picnic and enjoy the whole day with your family.
Please remember to bring suitable clothing for the activity and the weather, including sun cream and plenty of water.
West Kent and will be taking photographs and filming at these events for use on our website, social media and other publications. If you do not wish to be photographed, please let a member of staff know.