West Kent and Sevenoaks District Council are celebrating this year's Rural Housing Week with a free event in Leigh village green on Friday 6 July, 10am-12 noon.
Rural Housing Week aims to highlight rural housing issues and showcase housing associations' solutions to them. The event will showcase the value of rural communities and the importance of house-building in these areas to ensure rural communities thrive and survive.
The event will start at Leigh Village Green and will include:
- A 'Shop Safe Stay Safe' ID scheme at the village shop and hairdressers by Tom Tungendhat MP
- An 'Age simulation suit'- giving wearers the chance to understand the impairments affecting older people
- Advice from West Kent's housing officers
- Age UK
- Representatives from Leigh Parish Council
- Refreshments at the local pub.