Our vision is to be the leading community provider of affordable homes in Kent, giving everyone the opportunity to live and grow within a place you can call home.
A good home within a friendly, secure community provides a good foundation for life.
Our housing association, established in 1989, was one of the first large-scale voluntary transfers of local authority housing – we were also the first ‘excellent’ housing association in the country and the first Gold Investor in People in Kent.
In our communities, we respond to what’s needed, not just what we currently do. We provide great places to live and space for people to grow.
We help the many people for whom a good home (to rent or buy) is too expensive, and we help to nurture their communities. We have a proud history and an exciting future.
Signup to our stakeholder newsletter to get the latest news.
West Kent is a member of Placeshapers - an alliance of nearly 100 housing associations. Described by Inside Housing as ‘one of the most high profile lobbying bodies in the sector’, our homes create communities, our services strengthen communities and our home building creates communities of the future. For more information visit the Placeshapers website.
It's Your Call
It’s Your Call is our customer strategy, which aims to deliver a ‘right person; right answer; first time’ service where the customer is central to the organisation and the service is tailored to the individual.
We're committed to:
- delivering good, reliable customer service that gives customers confidence in us as a leading UK housing association.
- ensuring our services are owned and shaped by our customers.
- providing different ways to use services, including self-service options, available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- getting it ‘right first time’ to reduce avoidable repeat calls.
- remaining true to our core purpose and values, which are: delivering on our promises, compassion, honesty, integrity, self-awareness, learning, flexibility and working hard and having fun.