The (free) garden assistance application process is currently at full capacity, due to a high volume of interest. The current wait to be placed on the active list stands at around six months.
We are currently reviewing the number of applicants allowed on the active list.
Any questions relating to the above should be directed to customer services.
We offer a free service for tenants who meet the set criteria. This service includes grass cutting to the front, rear and side gardens eight times a year. If there are hedges in the gardens, these will be cut twice a year. The scheme does not include flower beds.
To be eligible for the garden assistance service, you must meet the following criteria:
- No one living at your property is physically able to cut the grass or hedges
- You do not have any friends or family who can help you to cut the grass or hedges
- You are receiving care managed through Social Services or have physical/sensory disability
- You receive at least one of the following:
Employment support allowance/Job Seekers Allowance
Unemployed Universal Credit
Disability Living Allowance
Personal Independence Payment
You will not be able to access the service if:
- You owe West Kent money, unless you have a repayment agreement which you have kept for at least six months
- You have savings or trust funds totalling £6,000 or more
- You have breached your tenancy (including anti-social behaviour or refusing requests for access).
Garden assistance application form