Before you move in, we’ll carry out a visual check on:
- The roof and brickwork to make sure they are wind and watertight with no major cracks
- The drains, gutter, downpipes and overflows to check there are no blockages, weeds and leaks.
We will test:
- The front and rear doors to make sure they open and close easily
- The windows to make sure they are safe, secure, wind and watertight. If there are windows first floor and above, we will fit restrictors and there will be working locks.
We will make sure that (this may be work we will carry out once you have moved in):
- Gardens are free of rubbish
- We have emptied and filled in any garden ponds
- We have repaired or replaced any broken fencing (depending on the type and location)
- Paths and paving are safe and free from trip hazards
- Identify any sheds and other structures that are in reasonable condition and gift them to you.