Everyone deserves a safe and secure environment to live in. We want to do everything we can to help our residents love where they live.
Anti-social behaviour affects people’s everyday lives. We want to do everything we can to prevent it before it starts.
But community safety is more than that. It’s also about preventing and tackling crime, including hate crime, domestic abuse, and environmental crime. It’s about communities feeling safe, secure and connected to where they live, and who they share their community with. It’s about promoting a sense of belonging, shared space, and clean, safe, green neighbourhoods where people want to be.
Our vision is to support local communities to be clean, safe and green. In practice this means:
- Stopping problems before they arise
- Working to encourage reasonable behaviour
- Promoting personal responsibility
- Working in partnership with others
- Helping people and communities to report issues and feel listened to
- Supporting vulnerable households, or identifying those most at risk of harm
- Creating opportunities for those causing harm to change their behaviour.
We'll enforce the agreements our tenants sign up to and also tackle issues in our communities caused by those who are not our tenants.
We work closely with partners in the Sevenoaks District Community Safety Partnership and other local agencies to create safer neighbourhoods.