We believe it's crucial that our people are fairly rewarded so we review our package and benchmark our salaries regularly to make sure the total reward package attracts, motivates and retains the best people. In addition to the staff benefits you would expect of a top class employer, we offer generous leave provisions, a variety of health and well-being benefits plus support for both personal and professional development. And you'll be working every day in an positive atmosphere and culture with amazing colleagues!
Here are some good reasons to join us!
We know pay is important so we regularly check to make sure we are paying market average salaries.
- Pension - The most substantial financial benefit West Kent offers you is employer contributions to a pension scheme. You will be ‘auto-enrolled’ into our direct contribution scheme with Royal London. You contribute at least 3% of your basic salary and West Kent will double match your own contribution (at its descretion) up to a maximum of 10% of your basic salary.
- Life assurance - if you die while employed by West Kent a life assurance policy pays a lump sum of three times your annual salary to the person listed as your next of kin.
- Income protection health insurance after six months' service (subject to the policy conditions), paying 50% of salary if you are off sick for more than six months.
- Interest free season ticket loan for cost of train fare to and from work.
- Childcare vouchers to help towards the cost of child care.
Leave and working hours
West Kent offers a range of flexible opportunities around leave and working hours. Among these are:
- 25 days annual leave (increasing to 30 days after five years’ service) boosted by three additional days during Christmas closure. Leave is in proportion to hours worked.
- Up to three days a year for volunteering leave.
- Opportunity each year to buy or sell annual leave.
- Flexible working opportunities, such as job sharing or changing working hours or patterns.
Health and wellbeing
We want our staff to be in top shape and look after themselves. So we encourage healthy lifestyles by offering these benefits:
- Occupational sick pay and maternity and parental leave pay.
- Employee assistance programme for support with a variety of personal issues.
- Health screenings.
- Eye care vouchers.
- Flu and Hepatitis B vaccinations.
- Well-being grant towards some sport, hobby or activity that enhances your well-being.
Personal and career development
We understand that investment in people leads to motivated staff and improved business performance. West Kent offers;
- Regular one to ones with line management and a yearly review to look at performance. Staff are encouraged to talk about career aspirations and learning and development needs.
- Job shadowing and secondment opportunities.
- A coaching and mentoring programme.
- Support for qualifications.
- Short bite-sized learning through our e-learning platform.
- Group learning opportunities.