The ‘Help for you’ campaign goes live this week and sets out a range of support and advice for West Kent residents.
We know things are difficult due to various pressures and we want to make sure our services provide the best and most accessible support possible. The ‘Help for you’ campaign has been designed to give our residents and staff easy access to the right support and information to help them with the cost of living.
To meet the various challenges head on, we have made changes across the business, including:
· Increasing the number of doors and windows we are replacing as a direct response to resident feedback
· Creating new roles and bringing in professional expertise to provide information and support on; welfare benefits, fuel and food poverty to proactively support our most vulnerable
· Training more staff to recognise signs of hardship so we can intervene more quickly and effectively
· Strengthening our teams to provide greater advice and support to all residents on financial and wellbeing issues
· Developing new and innovative employment and training opportunities
· Prioritising tackling fuel poverty by directly intervening with residents who are struggling
· Working with partners such as Green Doctor and Citizen’s Advice to signpost to advice and information.
Tracy Allison, Chief Executive at West Kent said; “Our priority is to help our residents maximise their income, minimise their costs and improve their wellbeing. We want to ensure they have access to the right services and resources that improve their quality of life and create opportunities regardless of their location. We have a history of creating safe, strong neighbourhoods by listening to local people and delivering activities that make a difference to our residents and communities.”
“From speaking to our residents, we know greater support is needed to combat the cost of living, which is why we have worked with them to create our new offer and launch the ‘Help for you’ campaign. With the demand for support so high, partnership working with other agencies is vital to make a difference.”
There will be a range of cost-of-living information being made available throughout 2023.
For more information, please visit - westkent.org/helpforyou