Our short videos can guide you through doing small repairs yourself. It's not possible to cover all the variations that exist within our homes but the advice will usually apply to most houses (not flats). If you’ve got a repair emergency please call 01732 749400 (during office hours) or 0800 1691122 (emergencies outside office hours).
Your home may differ from the examples in the videos:
- Plumbing - gate valves can be located in the loft space as well as inside the airing cupboard. The stopcock may not be under the sink.
- Boilers - if your boiler cover is not removable please contact us.
- Smoke alarms - may differ from the one shown in this video. West Kent only replaces batteries on alarms we installed.
- CO alarms - this video applies to sealed battery type, some are hard wired and have different controls.
Only qualified electricians should ever open the consumer unit or any electrical appliance.
- Beware of hot water when bleeding radiators.
- If you can smell gas call Southern Gas Networks (SGN) on 0800 111999 immediately.
“To the extent permitted by law, West Kent Housing Association excludes all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to (or in relation to) our videos whether express or implied. We make no warranty that our videos will meet your requirements or as to the results that may be obtained from the use of our videos or as to their accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through them. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, breach of trust or otherwise, whether direct, indirect or consequential, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with use of our videos. Our videos are provided to you without responsibility."