Linda Hogan Community Fund
Are you looking for additional funds to support your local community group? Then the Linda Hogan Community fund may be able to help. Grants aim to help:
- Groups/organisations who provide or will provide, services to residents living in areas across Kent
- New groups and organisations to get off the ground
- Existing groups to start up and/or expand their services and activities
- Groups and organisations working with ‘hard to reach’ groups.
The deadlines for 2017 applications are:
- 15 March 2017 (for applications up to £250)
- 15 June and 15 October 2017 (for applications up to £500)
For guidance on organising community events visit the advice issued by the Cabinet Office.
For further information or advice about applying to the Linda Hogan Community Fund please call us on 01732 749420.
Rising Stars Bursary
Do you know a young person who needs help? Do you need course fees or help with travel expenses to undertake training? The Rising Stars Bursary may be able to help.
Rising Stars Bursaries offer support to help young people achieve their goals. Grants help with costs such as sports coaching, equipment, music and dance tuition. Download the application form to find out if you meet the criteria for funding.
In previous years we have supported:
- Equipment for vocational studies
- Camping equipment for a Duke of Edinburgh expedition
- Drama lessons
- Horse riding lessons
- A lifesaving course
- First aid training
The Bursary has offered:
- An accredited babysitting training course, delivered by the British Red Cross
- FA Level 1 Football coaching, delivered by Charlton FC
- Free cricket coaching
- Opportunities for young people to find out how to keep themselves safe, with free training delivered by Kent Police.
To apply you must be aged between 11 and 18 years and your parents or guardian must be in receipt of one of the benefits shown in the application form.
If your idea doesn’t fit with either of our funds, you’re still welcome to get in touch – we will do our best to try and point you towards other organisations who may be able to help.