The West Kent group board is our governing body.
Members are the Chief Executive and independent non-executive members who have been selected by open recruitment for their expertise in housing, finance, business management or governance. Board members are paid to reflect the time commitment required to fulfill their responsibilities, which are shown below. e role of the board is to provide strategic direction, ensure accountability, resolve tensions between stakeholders, and support and advise management.
The board is committed to high standards of corporate governance and has adopted the National Housing Federation's code of governance. Meet the board here.
The day to day operation of West Kent is organised by the Chief Executive, Frank Czarnowski and the executive team who work with him. Meet the senior team here.
Registered office for West Kent Housing Association: 101 London Road, Sevenoaks, Kent. TN13 1AX
What do board members do?
- Participate in the planning of West Kent's work, setting objectives and monitoring performance against them.
- Determine the policies that guide West Kent’s work.
- Ensure that decisions taken by the board are in West Kent’s best interests and that its legal and moral responsibilities are met.
- Receive and consider reports prepared by staff and question these to ensure that decisions are well founded.
- Regularly attend board meetings and participate in discussions and decision making.
- Be willing to take membership of at least one sub-committee and regularly attend its meetings and participate in its work.
- Attend the Board Strategy Day and appropriate training events.
- Visit West Kent's housing schemes, meet tenants and agencies with whom we work in order to keep in touch and understand West Kent's activities.
- Abide by decisions of the board and its committees.
- Treat information gained as a board member in confidence.
- Abide by West Kent’s Code of Best Practice and Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Avoid doing anything to undermine the work or good name of West Kent Housing Association.